Sanur Is Ideal. Bali's Governor Wayan Koster recently shared his candid views on the state of some of Bali's most popular tourist beaches, shedding light on what he believes to be the best and not-so-great coastal destinations on the island. In this article, we'll explore Governor Koster's insights into Bali's beach conditions and his praise for Sanur as a family-friendly haven. We'll also delve into what makes Sanur special, the ongoing renovations in Kuta, and other hidden gems in Bali's Karangasem and Klungkung Regencies.
Bali's Beach Assessment by Governor Koster:
Governor Wayan Koster's recent statements about Bali's beaches have attracted attention from academics, ministers, and the general public. During interviews at Udayana University's Bukit Jimbaran Campus, he provided insights into the current state of Bali's coastal resorts. Here's a breakdown of his observations:
- Kuta Beach: Governor Koster candidly labeled Kuta Beach as ‘dirty' but refrained from reprimanding local regency authorities. Instead, he suggested a straightforward solution of employing more caretakers and groundkeepers in the area.
- Sanur Beach: Governor Koster gave a positive assessment of Sanur Beach, highlighting its cleanliness and overall appeal. He emphasized the family-friendly nature of this coastal resort.
- Karangasem Regency: Karangasem, another area praised by the Governor, is known for its beautiful beaches, including Amed, a laid-back fishing village turned diving and vacation resort.
- Klungkung Regency: Klungkung Regency is home to some of Bali's most famous beaches, including Nusa Penida, Nusa Ceningan, and Nusa Lembongan, which are gaining popularity for beach vacations and day trips.
Sanur: A Family-Friendly Paradise:
Sanur stands out as a family-friendly beach destination in Bali, and here's why:
- Accessibility: The newly renovated sidewalk makes Sanur accessible for all, including those with mobility challenges, making it ideal for families.
- Gentle Waves: The beach boasts consistently gentle waves, ensuring a safe and enjoyable swimming experience for children.
- Activities: Sanur offers a wide range of activities for everyone in the family, from water sports to beach games.
- Proximity to Bali Airport: Sanur is conveniently located just 25 minutes from Bali Airport, reducing travel stress for families.
- Family-Friendly Resorts: Accommodations like Holiday Inn Bali Sanur and Intercontinental Bali Sanur offer kids clubs and au pair services for a stress-free vacation.
- Dining Options: Sanur boasts numerous family-friendly restaurants, beachfront cafes, and beach clubs.
- Bamboo Beach Bar and Lounge: A popular eatery offering classic and local fusion cocktails, providing a fun atmosphere for families.
- Genius Cafe: Open early in the morning, this cafe serves healthy breakfast options and offers breathtaking views of Sanur Beach.
Karangasem Regency: Amed's Hidden Gem:
- Diving and Snorkeling: Amed is renowned for its diving and snorkeling opportunities, making it perfect for adventurous families.
- Laid-Back Vibe: The village's relaxed atmosphere welcomes tourists seeking a quieter Bali experience.
- Access to Amenities: Despite its tranquility, Amed offers access to essential amenities and services.
Klungkung Regency: Bali's Famous Islands:
- Nusa Penida, Nusa Ceningan, and Nusa Lembongan: These islands in Klungkung Regency are famous for their pristine beaches and stunning landscapes.
- Tourist Demand: The popularity of these islands continues to rise, thanks to efforts to maintain their natural beauty.
Governor Wayan Koster's candid remarks shed light on the current conditions of Bali's beaches, with Sanur receiving high praise as a family-friendly haven. As Kuta undergoes renovations, Sanur remains a top choice for families seeking a safe and enjoyable beach experience. Additionally, hidden gems like Amed in Karangasem Regency and the famous islands of Klungkung Regency offer diverse options for beach enthusiasts. Bali continues to evolve as a premier beach destination, catering to a wide range of traveller preferences.